Tsitovir-3 (bendazole + alpha-glutamyl-tryptophan + ascorbic acid) is an immunostimulant with antiviral effect and used in the treatment and prevention of influenza and other acute respiratory infections, including in children.
Able to have a positive effect on the reaction of humoral and cellular immunity. Also, this drug has a beneficial effect on the nonspecific resistance of the body. In addition, the drug has an interferonogenic effect. It is considered one of the most effective means to accelerate recovery and facilitate the course of the disease, as well as to effectively prevent.
All the above properties of Tsitovir-3 are due to the properties of the active substances that make up this drug.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
You can buy by prescription.
How much does Tsitovir 3 in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 300 rubles.
Composition and release form
The drug is available in different dosage forms:
- Capsules for oral administration (sometimes called pills);
- Powder for the preparation of the solution (for children);
- Children's Tsitovir in the form of a sweet syrup.
The active ingredients in the composition of 1 capsule, 1 ml of the prepared solution for oral administration and 1 ml of syrup:
- Sodium alpha-glutamyl-tryptophan - 0.5 / 0.15 / 0.15 mg;
- Bendazole hydrochloride - 20 / 1.25 / 1.25 mg;
- ascorbic acid - 50/12/12 mg.
- 1 capsule: lactose monohydrate - 97.8 mg; calcium stearate - 1.7 mg; shell (body / cap): titanium dioxide - 2/2%; yellow sunset dye - 0 / 0.219%, azorubine dye - 0 / 0.0328%; gelatin - up to 100/100%;
- 1 ml of the prepared solution (without flavoring / with flavoring): fructose - 386.6 / 386.2 mg; flavor identical to the natural "Strawberry", "Orange" or "Cranberry" - 0 / 0.4 mg;
- 1 ml of syrup: sucrose - 800 mg; purified water - up to 1 ml.
It is an immunomodulatory drug used for immunostimulating and etiotropic therapy. It has an indirect antiviral effect against influenza types B and A, as well as other viruses that provoke the occurrence of ARVI.
Bendazol promotes the development of endogenous interferon with an immunostimulating effect. The component helps to normalize the body's immune response. As a result, enzymes produced under the influence of interferon help suppress the replication of the viral pathogen. Thymogen is a synergist of the immunomodulatory effect of bendazole, which helps to normalize the T-cell links of the immune system.
Ascorbic acid helps to activate humoral immunity, improve the permeability of small vessels, which helps to reduce the inflammatory process in the tissues. Ascorbic acid also has an antioxidant effect, neutralizing the oxygen radicals that always accompany the inflammatory process. This increases the body’s resistance to viral pathogens in general.
The maximum concentration of substances in the blood is observed already 4 hours after administration.
Indications for use
The drug Tsitovir 3 is intended for the prevention and complex treatment of SARS and influenza in adults and children.
Tsitovir capsules are intended for adult patients and children over 6 years old. Special dosage forms have been created for babies from year to year: syrup and sweet solution for oral administration.
- diabetes mellitus (syrup and oral solution);
- age up to 1 year (syrup and solution for oral administration) or 6 years (capsules);
- individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
Relative (diseases / conditions in which Tsitovir-3 is prescribed with caution):
- hypertension (you should consult with your doctor before you start taking);
- breastfeeding period (taking Tsitovir-3 for therapeutic / prophylactic purposes is possible only in cases of exceeding the expected benefit over the possible harm; consultation of a specialist is necessary).
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
The drug is contraindicated for use during pregnancy and lactation.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use Tsitovir 3 is taken orally for 30 minutes before eating. Treatment and prophylactic regimens are identical.
- Children aged 1 to 3 years - 2 ml 3 times / day.
- Children aged 3 to 6 years - 4 ml 3 times / day.
- Children aged 6 to 10 years - 8 ml 3 times / day.
- Children over 10 years old - 12 ml 3 times / day.
Application course - 4 days. If after 3 days of treatment there is no improvement or the symptoms are aggravated, or new symptoms appear, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
- If necessary, repeat the course of prevention after 3-4 weeks.
The drug should be taken only according to the method of use and in those doses that are specified in the instructions. The drug should be used only as indicated in the instructions. If necessary, you should consult with your doctor before taking the drug.
Instructions for capsules
Tsitovir-3 capsules are intended for ingestion. They are taken 30 minutes before meals, swallowed whole and washed down with a sufficient amount of water. The recommended therapeutic dosage for adults and children over 6 years old is 1 capsule 3 times a day.
The duration of a course of treatment or prevention of influenza, an acute respiratory viral infection averages 4 days. If necessary, this course can be repeated in 3-4 weeks.
The drug is quite well tolerated by most patients. However, sometimes the following side effects may occur when using the drug:
- various manifestations of allergic reactions (redness, itching, skin rashes);
- short-term decrease in blood pressure (observed in patients with neurocirculatory dystonia) - from the side of the cardiovascular system.
Symptoms of overdose
Exceeding the recommended therapeutic dose with the development of overdose events during the use of Tsitovir-3 capsules may be accompanied by a decrease in the level of systemic arterial pressure (hypotension), especially in the elderly and patients with concomitant vegetative-vascular dystonia of the hypotonic type.
In this case, symptomatic therapy is carried out if necessary, as well as monitoring blood pressure levels and renal function.
After a repeated course it is recommended to control the concentration of glucose in the blood.
The drug does not affect the ability to drive vehicles, work with moving machinery and engage in other potentially hazardous activities that require increased concentration of attention and speed of psychomotor reactions.
Compatibility with other drugs
The interaction of alpha-glutamyl-tryptophan with drugs was not detected.
Perhaps the simultaneous use of antiviral drugs and the means of symptomatic therapy of influenza and ARVI.
If the patient takes the above drugs or other drugs, he should consult a doctor.
Bendazol prevents the increase in OPSS, due to the use of non-selective beta-blockers. It enhances the hypotensive effect (decrease in blood pressure) of hypotensive and diuretic drugs. Phentolamine enhances the hypotensive effect of bendazole.
Ascorbic acid increases the concentration in the blood of tetracycline antibiotics and benzylpenicillin. Improves intestinal absorption of iron preparations. Reduces the effectiveness of heparin and indirect anticoagulants. Acetylsalicylic acid (ASA), oral contraceptives, fresh juices and alkaline drinks reduce its absorption and absorption. With simultaneous use with ASA increases the excretion of urine ascorbic acid and decreases the excretion of ASA. ASA reduces the absorption of ascorbic acid by about 30%. Ascorbic acid increases the risk of crystalluria in the use of drugs containing ASA, and short-acting sulfonamides, slows the kidneys excretion of acids, increases the excretion of drugs with an alkaline reaction (including alkaloids), reduces the concentration of oral contraceptives in the blood. With simultaneous use reduces the chronotropic effect of isoprenaline. Reduces the therapeutic effect of antipsychotics (neuroleptics) - phenothiazine derivatives, tubular reabsorption of amphetamine and tricyclic antidepressants. Barbiturates and primidone increase the excretion of ascorbic acid in the urine.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used Tsitovir 3:
- Diana. We were recommended by Tsitovir powder. We have children with allergies .... I don’t know why, but here it happened ... diathesis, sneeze, cough ... At 2 years - there was just trouble - flu, ORVI ... there was simply nothing to heal the child. Many medicines have a reaction. Got to a private clinic to a pediatrician. He prescribed Tsitovir powder. When he really helped the baby, I began to find out what kind of drug ... A lot has been written about him on the Internet. He is really good, suitable for my allergies, and therefore I recommend it to anyone with children who are also allergic.
- Arseny. I took Tsitovir 3 in capsules, and I helped, I can’t say with confidence, because I didn’t do any research, but usually I had an acute respiratory viral infection with bronchial complications, but this time I had only viral infection, I had been sick for only five days was completely healthy.
- Pauline. We have been using “Tsitovir” for 5 years already. We started with the first child. Previously, in pharmacies only syrup was on sale. He and drank. But, if the elder has no complaints (what the "pill" mom gave, then she swallows), then there are problems with the baby - the syrup is pretty sour for him. But the suspension goes to "cheers" !!! Spread the powder and go forward to attack on viruses! The main thing is to catch at the beginning of the disease. Then all the symptoms are very quickly relieved. Plus immunity remains for a long time.
Numerous reviews of the syrup for children Tsitovir-3 were divided approximately as follows: 30% - negative, 70% - positive or close to neutral. Often, patients who use the drug say the absence "medicinal"taste and more convenient form of release (syrup) and compared with analogues (capsules, tablets, injections).
Reviews of doctors are more restrained, this is due to the widespread reluctance to recommend drugs that affect the immune system, due to the lack of knowledge of their effects on the immune system in the long term.
You can replace Tsitovir 3 with the following medications:
- Orvirem - antiviral agent of the active substance, which is rimantadine hydrochloride. It is produced in syrup, which is designed specifically for children aged 1-7 years. It is used for the treatment and prevention of influenza A.
- Tamiflu refers to substitutes for the therapeutic group. It is prescribed for the prevention and treatment of influenza. The drug is in suspension permitted to children older than a year and their capsules can be from 12 years.
- Aflubin is a substitute for clinical and pharmacological group. The drug is available in drops and sublingual tablets used to treat and prevent SARS in patients of any age, as well as for arresting arthralgia.
- Kagocel is a counterpart in the pharmacological group. It is an antiviral and immunostimulating medication, produced in tablets, which is used in patients if they are 3 years old to treat and prevent ARVI.
- Oscillococcinum is a homeopathic preparation that is produced in granules for oral administration. It belongs to the drug substitutes by the pharmaco-therapeutic group. The tool can be prescribed for the treatment and prevention of acute respiratory viral infections. Before you give the granules kids need to dissolve them.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Which is better: Orvirem or Tsitovir?
The drugs have different mechanisms of action. In Tsitovir-3 mediated immunostimulating systemic action, and Orvirem directly blocks the replication of viruses in the cell. Among patients, one can hear frequent complaints about the occurrence of allergy to Orvirem in children.
Which is better: Kagocel or Tsitovir?
Kagocel or Tsitovir drugs with similar mechanism of action and indications. From here and approximately identical responses from the people who used drugs. Therefore, the choice is better to do, based on the recommendations of doctors and economic feasibility.
What is better Tsitovir or Anaferon?
Although Anaferon is close to Tsitovir-3 according to the declared effect, the mechanism of its action, like most homeopathic preparations, has not been studied and has not been proven in independent studies. There is a fierce debate among patients and doctors about its usefulness.
Shelf life and storage conditions
The shelf life of the drug is 2 years (unopened bottle) and 10 days after opening. It is not recommended to store the drug in the open sun, the air temperature in the room should not exceed 25 degrees. Do not apply after the expiration date.